Labview Software Engineer
Who is Bytelion
ByteLion is a high-end software development firm focused on building modern software applications for innovators in the startups and corporate world. We build software using full design teams and coupled with well-trained professional engineers. Our clients range from small to big names in their perspective industries.
Primary focus is Python and LabVIEW development and integration with precision gantry table and lab equipment.
Working under the supervision of the CTO and lab staff to work on System Integration and Software Programming, may also work on analog and digital system development with design group from concept, prototype to product and further improvement, maintain design files and documents, tech supports for products with customer. Demo and promote new products internally and externally. Plus other duties assigned by CTO.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with several types of programing language such as, LabVIEW, , C++ and Python, can manage large scale and long-term software development.
- Good knowledge and experience with precision gantry tables (AGS15000) and NI lab equipment. Experience with most popular CAD design tools. Ability to communicate effectively with other design team members.
- Ability to operate instrument equipment, including high speed oscilloscope, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, TDR, LCR meter, multi-meter, etc.
- Have some basic technician skill in soldering, drilling, lathe
Essential Skills and Experience
- Hardware development: 1 year
- Software Programming: 2 years
- Good at writing/drawing/documentation skills for datasheets and manual writing, and well-organized management skill for multi-tasks between projects.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Meaningful industry rapport
- Demonstrated track record of success
- Published articles demonstrating command of your profession
- Extremely detail-oriented and exhibits outstanding judgment and professionalism.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Resourceful; can make things happen
- Adaptability to thrive in both individual and team environments; highly developed “EQ.”
- Is eager to learn about new technologies.
- Voracious reader of current engineering and technical articles and books
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Washington D.C. or Hampstead, MD
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- BS or MS degree in Electrical engineering or computer engineering is preferred