Who is Bytelion
ByteLion is a high-end software development firm focused on building modern software applications for innovators in the startups and corporate world. We build software using full design teams and coupled with well-trained professional engineers. Our clients range from small to big names in their perspective industries. The QA role requires high attention to detail, initiative and organizational skills and a desire to work in a fast-paced, innovative growth environment.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing suites
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Thoroughly identify, record, document and track bugs
- Perform ongoing and thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Maintain strong team communication
Essential Skills and Experience
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with testing tools (such as Zephyr, Selenium, TestComplete, etc.)
Desired Experience and Skills
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly respected and well connected.
- Extremely detail-oriented and exhibits outstanding judgment and professionalism.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Resourceful; work independently in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Adaptability to thrive in both individual and team environments; highly developed “EQ.”
- Is eager to learn about new technologies.
- Voracious reader of current QA and technical articles and books
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Hampstead, MD
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject