Who is Bytelion
ByteLion is a high-end software development firm focused on building modern software applications for innovators in the startups and corporate world. We build software using full design teams and coupled with well-trained professional engineers. Our clients range from small to big names in their perspective industries. The Ruby on Rails developer role requires high attention to detail, initiative and organizational skills and a desire to work in a fast-paced, innovative growth environment.
Position Summary and Primary Responsibilities
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to rapidly build and deploy features to support highly dynamic organizations. Your primary focus will be engaged in the development of backend systems, APIs, and and working within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) framework.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions to include both SQL and NoSQL.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a rockstar group of front-end developers and designers.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and crush them
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Develop administrative backend systems to support customer operations.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as Devise and ActiveAdmin
- Solid grasp on object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as Sass
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, ORM, and RESTful, API
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Experience with Linux servers and AWS.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Familiarity with development aiding tools Bower, Bundler, Rake, and Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Knowledge of Jenkins for automated deployment and testing
Desired Experience and Skills
- Meaningful industry rapport
- Demonstrated track record of success
- Published articles or open source projects demonstrating command of your profession
- Highly respected and well connected.
- Extremely detail-oriented and exhibits outstanding judgment and professionalism.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Resourceful; work independently in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Adaptability to thrive in both individual and team environments; highly developed “EQ.”
- Is eager to learn about new technologies.
- Voracious reader of current software engineering and technical articles and books
Bachelors in Computer Science or higher or related field.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Hampstead, MD
Salary: Commensurate with experience