Who is Bytelion
ByteLion is a high-end software development firm focused on building modern software applications for innovators in the startups and corporate world. We build software using full design teams and coupled with well-trained professional engineers. Our clients range from small to big names in their perspective industries.
Bytelion is looking for a design intern to join its growing team. Responsibilities will include assisting other designers in the creation of new products and the improvement of existing products by producing web-based interface designs. The role will also help define user interaction and design standards for use across the company’s entire product portfolio. Intern candidates must understand the basic principles of user centered design and should strive to make software delightful and intuitive. A basic design portfolio is required in order to be considered.
- Work with other designers and product managers to translate high level requirements and use cases into detailed process flows, wireframes and product designs.
- Assist in the creation of interaction designs: collaborating with other designers and stakeholders to determine how users will navigate and interact with Bytelion products.
- Design and deliver design guidelines, user stories, mockups and interactive prototypes.
- Identify design problems and help develop elegant solutions.
- Work with the user experience team to define and maintain UI/UX standards.
- Take a user-centered approach to rapidly test and iterate on product concepts.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Online portfolio representative of graphic and web and mobile interface design.
- Experience with mobile and responsive design is highly desirable.
- A passion for building easy to use, delightful user experiences.
- Strong listening and personal interaction skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Respectful team player. Easy going. Love to laugh. Relaxed and determined.
- Problem-solver. Puzzle-solver. Challenge-lover. Knowledge sponge. Enthusiastic.
- Proficient in wire-framing and comfortable producing concept sketches and user flows
- A passion for UX
- A good working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite or similar design programs
- Some experience of user research and usability testing would be a bonus.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Prior volunteer or internship design work
- A good working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Demonstrated track record of success
- Published articles demonstrating command of your profession
Job Type: Internship
Location: Hampstead, MD
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Extremely detail-oriented and exhibits outstanding judgment and professionalism.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Resourceful; can make things happen
- Adaptability to thrive in both individual and team environments; highly developed “EQ.”
- Is eager to learn about new technologies.
- Voracious reader of current UX/UI articles and books